Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another bird


We have been blessed this year with a variety of birds making themselves at home in our back yard.
Today a little Goldfinch was sitting on the window edge. Can't resist taking photos when I get the chance.

(Click on photo for close up)



A Little Beading Over the Weekend



I had a little time for beading over the weekend -- this is a little "prayer / meditation" chain. It was made for someone who wanted to have a prayer help close at hand without being obvious.

3 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

I love the goldfinches and the blue jays and the red robins...wish we got some of the really wild colored birds, but I guess we're too far north for that!

Noel said...

What a beautiful bird...lucky you!!

Jackie, tell me about this "prayer/meditation" beaded chain...where did you find the little sanddollar charm?

Hugs,
Noel

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Yes, BB, I love the birds too. And this time of year we have some many lovely colorful ones in the yard.

Noel, sent you an email re: the prayer/meditation pieces. The sand dollar charms I have had for a long time and just don't recall where I got them. I was into crazy quilting a few years back and had gotten the sand dollar charms for and Under the Sea theme block.