Saturday, September 06, 2008

More "Rotta the Hutt" aka Stinky ~ and Penny Rug Birthday Candle Mat

July and August were busy stitching months -- as have been the first few days of September. I must admit, I have enjoyed all the little projects I was able to finish.


This little candle mat I made during some of the hours sitting at the hospital or in waiting rooms. It is a little penny rug birthday candle mat. The pattern came from Prairie Point Junction. It is a sweet little mat and such fun to do.









Then there was Rotta the Hutt/aka Stinky. I have included some photos of DGS with Stinky. I think you can tell by the look on his face that this was a special gift. And it certainly was special for me too. These moments are so wonderful. I am one very lucky Mom and Gram




9 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Awwww.... Stinky is so stinkin' cute, who wouldn't love him? :D

abeadlady said...

Love the pics of you and DGS. What a cutie he is. Looks a bit like my youngest GS who is nine. My oldest GS turned 19 this week and the middle one is 15. Can't believe they are growing up so fast.

Arline

--- said...

It was such a special night - Thanks, Mom! Love you, Amers

beadbabe49 said...

jackie, your grandsons have such sweet faces and tender souls...you are indeed blessed!

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments.
Yes, BB, I am very blessed. We have 7 grandsons ages from 31 years old to 5 years old each and every one of the boys has a wonderful sweet, loving, heart. They are all so very special to us (can't tell I'm a proud Gram LOL).

Pursuing Art... said...

Oh Jackie...what wonderful pictures and you can tell with that smile on his face how much he just loves Stinky!!! You are a special Gram indeed and blessed with special family!!!

~Lisa ;-)

P.S. I like the birthday candle mat! I have a few patterns of penny rugs and haven't gotten to them yet! But the candle mat is great!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable, Jackie. Love the picture of you and your grandson. Stinky is cute too.

Jeanne

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Oh, Jackie! The look on DGS's face says it all! I think Stinky will be well loved!
Hugs,
Kerry

Noel said...

I want hugs too.....hehehe! Your DGS is adorable...loves his grandma too! Stinky is to stinkin cute!!!
Love the birthday candle rug! We did a coffe/tee rug swap last year on another group around Christmas...they were so fun to make....I like the candle idea too!