Sunday, December 09, 2007

Ice and Birthday



Do you think Geoffrey was pleased with his gift?? Isn't that just the cutest photo? Of course I am his Gram and not at all prejudice ;-)

Over night we received a coating of ice. If you look closely at the branches of the trees you will see the ice. Fortunately the interstate was free of ice by the time I drove to Chicago for youngest grandson's 5th birthday party. It is now early evening and I am safely back home having spent a lovely afternoon in the "City".

7 comments:

a2susan said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

How many grandsons do you have? They are adorable.

My family has a whole generation of boys - I have 2, my sister has 2, and my brother-in-law has 3. My 2 sisters and myself are the only girls on my father's side - every cousin is a male, and I was the first girl born in over 90 years. It's kind of weird how things work out like that.

Susan

beadbabe49 said...

what a great grandma you are to brave ice and snow to join grandson for his birthday...

The Lone Beader® said...

I hate it when it's all icy like that! Be careful out there! :)

Anonymous said...

Love you, Gram!

XXX OOO
Geoffrey

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Susan - I have 7 grandsons - no granddaughters. They range in age from the little one here 5 years old to 30 years old -- quite a span LOL.

BB - it would take more than a little ice and/or snow to keep me away ;-)

LB -- and we are to get more of the same tonight and tomorrow.

Geoffrey -- Gram loves you too -- so very much.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Jackie, your grandson is a sweetie, Grandchildren are definitely a treasure to have. Glad the Ice did not deter your visit for the birthday party. Hugs Judy

nordwolke said...

I'd love to have such ice and snow here in Germany. Nothing in sight. :((( Your grandson is very cute! :)))