Friday, April 25, 2008

Great Day.....

Thunder/rain storms and tornado watches aside, this has been a great day.

This morning I saw the first Chickadee baby poking its' head from the nest in the old Magnolia tree. It was so thrilling to watch. They are such delightful little birds and I hope they keep nesting here.

And then, last night (actually very early this morning LOL) I finished up two little pin dolls. They are about 3 ½ inches tall and stuffed with lavender buds -- they smell sooooo good. Thanks to Pat Winter for the idea -- and her blessing to go ahead and try my own -- much appreciated, Pat. Pat's "Inner Child" dolls are so darling. Pat sometimes has them for sale on her Etsy site you might want to check it out.

4 comments:

Dot said...

He hee...I am grinning from ear to ear Jackie. I love these dolls. And the fabric you chose for the first one is *very* nice.

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Thought you'd recognize the fabric. I had just enough to make this little un-named doll -- well, she is "pin doll #1 - 2008" now that is quite a name LOL.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Jackie they are adorable. I wanted to credit the idea for my Inner Child doll idea to Sandy Gordon of Art Tea Life blog. She is the mastermind behind the lavender stuffed cloth dolls.Hers are lavishly decorated and just too cute. I fell in love with them and had to try...with her permission. I became addicted to making them and I felt like a child again and each evolved with their own personality..hence the name,Inner Child. I know you are enjoying them. That's what it's all about.

beadbabe49 said...

What a great idea...and your little ones are delicious!