Tuesday, July 31, 2007

100% Beaded Doll RR ~ Meet Blossom


I just can't get enough of beading -- and working on more than one project at a time is a great stimulus for me --- soooooo, I have joined a beaded doll round robin. The theme of the round robin in Summer Magic. The doll's name is "Blossom". The little form pictured has a head that may or may not be beaded as a flower (the beaders choice) and her arms are shaped like leaves -- again, whoever beads that section may see it differently -- that's what will make it so much fun -- I just put her in the mail today for the first stop in the RR. I will update the blog as I receive photos. I made her form from fabric I had found earlier in the week at an Historical Society Flea Market -- the face has a butterfly on it -(I wish I could remember where I got the face -- I have two others like it but with different colored butterflies). She is summery, yes? She is traveling with a booklet for the beaders to write in. (On the mailing route sheet, in the photo I have smudged out the names and addresses of the other RR beaders for privacy sake)

6 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

Beautiful start...so now she will do the rounds and then come back to you?

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Thanks, Bobbi. Yes, she will visit 3 beaders in Arizona (different cities), one in Indiana and one in Mississippi and then comes home to me. ;-)

The Lone Beader® said...

You work on more than one project at time?? I can't seem to find the time to do that very often... LOL.

Anonymous said...

Nice doll form, it should be a lot of fun for the beaders to work on.
Katie

Jo Anne O. said...

WOW! I love this doll form! How do I find Jackie Young patterns? I am very pattern challenged! LOL

Jo Anne Owens

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

This was a fun form to make -- sorry, JoAnne, no pattern -- I just made it up for this particular round robin. If you ever need a form, let me know and I'll try to help you out. Love doing these things ;-)