Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ouch & Getting Ready to head South ~~~~~

ALBERTA ~ The Happy Little Monster
Ouch, I'm getting squashed under here -- is it really necessary to do this just to hold my mouth on -- my eyes are popping out with the pressure -- well, tomorrow I should be able to appear here all done -- it is rather embarrassing this way :-)

GETTING READY TO HEAD SOUTH ~~~~~


Yesterday the birds took over the spruce in the back yard --there were hundreds of them in there -- getting ready for their trip south. This is the first time ever I have seen them in that tree going crazy. There were Cedar Waxwings, Robins, Cardinals, Chickadees and a few others. Mostly you can see the Cedar Waxwings in this photo -- but if you look close at the upper right you can see a Cardinal. They were all so lovely.

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I have never seen a cedar waxwing before!

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

They are glorious birds -- I only see them in the fall on their way south for the winter. We used to have a berry tree out front and they would come in one day and devour all the berries and be gone again until the next year -- we lost that tree 2 years ago and this is the first I have seen them since -- hope they will come again next year to this tree -- even the Robins were in there eating. The Cardinals and Chickadees don't leave -- they stay all winter and look so pretty against the snow.